Mobile Response Team Clinician
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Provide assessment, treatment, and educational services when children, families and adults are experiencing crisis symptoms that put them at great risk for hospitalization or other higher out of home levels of care.
- Masters degree in psychology/ social service discipline. Active Florida license required
- Obtain certification for CFARS and FARS
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with adults and/or children with mental illness
- Ability to work a flexible work and on-call rotation
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable operating transportation, and proof of current auto insurance
- Successful completion of background screening
- Clinical documentation skills
- Oral case presentation skills
- Knowledge of the DSM V/ICD-10
- Individual, family and group counseling skills
- Experience working with children, families and adults who experience complex emotional and behavioral difficulties which may present in crisis
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to communicate in a clear, comprehensive, therapeutic manner and be able to interact positively with a variety of people
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform a range of clinical services related to the assessment, care, and treatment of individuals experiencing crises, in the school, home, community, or in the outpatient clinic setting.
- Respond to crisis situations, conducts risk assessments, and completes safety planning with individuals in crisis.
- Travel between multiple service sites, to the homes, or residences or persons served, and within the community.
- Provide clinical therapy and counseling to individuals, couples and families.
- Ability to work collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and other professionals in the community
- Provide crisis intervention counseling services
- Conduct didactic presentations for staff, clients, and community when assigned
- Maintain positive relationships with community and referral agencies
- Keep current with community resources
- Participate in multidisciplinary team staffing and outpatient team meetings
- Attend all assigned agency training, staff development, supervision and staff meetings as scheduled
- Regular review of policies and procedures of the agency including CARF and Medicaid
- Provide QI and Peer Review data as required
- Abide by CBHC policies and procedures
- Promote agency goals and positive agency image in the community
- Work with a positive attitude and as a team player
- Report any community complaints or criticisms of agency or staff to supervisor immediately
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor