Intensive Family Services
Parent Education and Support
Parent Education and Support Services help parents replace ineffective or abusive parenting techniques with positive, effective methods. The Nurturing Parenting Program is an evidence-based practice provided in both group and home settings. Parents are provided with hands-on learning experiences, including:
- Nurturing Parenting Routines
- Rewards and Punishment
- Developing Empathy
- Personal Power
- Developing Family Rules
- Developmental Stages
- Communication Skills
- Nurturing Touch
- Recognizing and Understanding Feelings
Specialized training is available for military families, Spanish speaking families and families of children with special needs.
Family Preservation Services
The goal of Family Preservation Services is to, through intensive in-home therapy and education, decrease the level of trauma experienced by families and prevent unnecessary removal of children from their homes. Services include:
- Crisis Intervention
- Increasing communication skills
- Improving parent-child relationship
- Strengthening family unit
- Increasing family stability
- Support building
- Behavior modification
- Safety Planning
- Abuse Prevention Techniques
- Stabilization and sustainability of the home
- Family Preservation Services will include work with:
Family Reunification Services are focused on providing trauma-informed care while avoiding unnecessarily long separation of children from their families through Intensive In-Home Family Therapy.
Family Reunification Services begin four weeks prior to reunification and continue for eight weeks post reunification. Families served through reunification services must be referred by Kids First of Florida.
Family Reunification Services are designed to:
- Prepare the individuals within the family to become a healthy family unit with a trauma-informed approach
- Assist the family in adjustment during the transition period of reunification
- Strengthen the family unit following reunification
Case Management Support Services
Case Management Support Services are provided to families during times of crisis in which the family is in jeopardy. The case management support team will help families locate support services in the community to improve the strength and stability of their family and avoid further involvement of the child welfare system. Families served through case management support services must be referred by the Florida Department of Children and Families within Clay County.
Certified Trauma Professionals available to assist in providing treatment to children and adults in Clay County who are experiencing a traumatic event. Trauma Clinicians participate with DCF, Kids First of Florida and Law Enforcement. Crisis Intervention services available to those experiencing an immediate traumatic even such as but not limited to – death of a parent, death of a child, fire, suicide, etc. The client is successfully discharged upon completion of their trauma informed treatment plans goals which are developed with the child, family, and clinician; utilizing trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Parenting Co-parenting- Program to assist parents who are not living together but co-parenting their children. Services are provided to each parent individually in an environment that is comfortable to them. Active engagement and homework completion for 10 parent education and support session clients will be successfully discharged and receive a certificate of completion. Attendance certificate will be given if they showed up for each session and were not actively engaged and showing behavior changes.
- Parenting In-jail- Program provides evidenced based services to a parent who is in jail and in need of parent education, sessions occur at the jail. Active engagement and homework completion for 10 parent education and support session clients will be successfully discharged and receive a certificate of completion. Attendance certificate will be given if they showed up for each session and were not actively engaged and showing behavior changes.
- Parenting Group- Treatment services for parents who have lost custody of their children and are in need of an evidenced based parent education program. Program meets in an office setting. Upon completion and active engagement of entire six parenting groups participants will receive a certificate of completion. Attendance certificate will be given if they showed up for each session and were not actively engaged and showing behavior changes.
- Therapeutic Visitation-Masters level clinicians conduct court ordered visitation between children and caregivers. Families can process feelings and develop positive communication techniques. Once family is engaging in positive interactions and verbalizing feelings with one another in a nonthreatening manner, clinician will recommend supervised visitation. Must be referred by Kids First of Florida.
Intensive Family Services are provided through both group and in-home settings. For additional information contact the Family Preservation Coordinator at 278.5644 x 2067 or Manager at 904.278.5644 x 2009.